The ‘Balancing the Budget’ Consultation is open until 11:59pm on Sunday 18 July 2021.
Hampshire County Council is undertaking a review of their budget as they continue to face a total budget shortfall of at least £80 million over the next two years (2022/23 – 2023/24).
The cuts can be set against a growing demand for local services, particularly social care, and the absence of multi-year funding from the Government. They would like to hear your views on several high-level options that could contribute towards balancing the County Council’s revenue budget. This might involve:
- introducing and increasing charges for some services;
- lobbying central Government for legislative changes;
- generating additional income;
- using the County Council’s reserves;
- reducing and changing services;
- increasing Council Tax;
- changing local government arrangements in Hampshire.