At its meeting in July 2021, the South Downs National Park Authority (SDNPA) made changes to its standing orders, appointments of Chairs/Deputy Chairs to Committees, membership of its committees and outside bodies. Previously, at its meeting in March 2021, the Authority had amended its standing orders to enable the appointments of Chairs and Deputy Chairs to Committees to be made at the AGM. The changes made at the March meeting enabled the July AGM meeting to decide on who the chairs and deputy chairs would be of the SDNPA committees. In the discussion at the July meeting, there was clearly some concern about these changes but after some debate, the decision to appoint the chair/deputy chair at the AGM was upheld. The senior officer/director team remains the same:
- Chief Executive (National Park Officer and Head of Paid Service): Trevor Beattie
- Director of Countryside Policy and Management: Andrew Lee
- Director of Planning: Tim Slaney
The teams of these three directorates can be seen HERE.
The Chair and Deputy Chair of the Authority were re-elected:
- Ian Phillips – Chair
- Vanessa Rowlands – Deputy Chair.
The Committee Chair and Deputy chair were approved as:
- Planning committee – Heather Baker (Chair) Alun Alesbury (Deputy Chair)
- Policy and Resources Committee Melanie Hunt (Chair) Tim Burr (Deputy Chair)
This membership of the committees was also approved as follows:
Appointment to outside bodies was approved as follows: